Re: Re: 1`2 == 1*^-10

On 11/25/06, Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>And it doesn't seem to me there would be any
>difficulty in rounding results to two significant digits.

Yea, but I'm lazy. I once wrote some code that would do forward error
propagation (and associated print formatting) at machine (or whatever)
precision if given the initial errors. It has the same problem that I
mentioned with significance arithmetic, where all errors are treated
as independent.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/