Re: Input, output troubles me ...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70094] Re: Input, output troubles me ...
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 06:16:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
luigirmailbox-mathematica at yahoo.it wrote:
> Thanks for your quick and useful replies!
> Now it works fine but still a point rimanes to be fixed up.
> As far as I see, Write has no options, so how can I prevent
> Mathematica from enclosing each row of the output file between
> quotes ?
> Best regards.
You can change the format of the expressions either for the whole file
(see example below) or on an expression basis by enclosing the
expression with a wrapper function such as, say, TexForm, etc. Section
2.12.3, "Advanced Topic: Streams and Lowâ??Level Input and Output," of
/The Mathematica Book/ explains all of these points in details .
stream1 = OpenRead["c:\\temp\\inputFile.txt"];
stream2 = OpenWrite["c:\\temp\\outputFile.txt",
FormatType -> OutputForm];
dummy = Read[stream1, "String"];
While[dummy =!= EndOfFile,
If[dummy != "a", Write[stream2, dummy]];
dummy = Read[stream1, "String"]; ]
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: tableform question
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Input, output troubles me ...
Next by thread:
Re: distance function