Re: Re: Input, output troubles me ...

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg70099] Re: [mg70074] Re: Input, output troubles me ...
  • From: Igor Antonio <igora at>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 06:17:02 -0400 (EDT)

luigirmailbox-mathematica at wrote:
> Thanks for your quick and useful replies!
> Now it works fine but still a point rimanes to be fixed up.
> As far as I see, Write has no options, so how can I prevent
> Mathematica from enclosing each row of the output file between
> quotes ?
> Best regards.

Use WriteString[]. :-)

Even then, however, you won't be able to go through the entire 5.6GB
file without some additional programming.  Mathematica's
OpenRead/OpenWrite can't currently access that large of a file.

(This limitation will be addressed in a future version of Mathematica.)

The current workaround is to use Java through JLink.  You will need to
use and classes. If you're not
familiar with Java, you can just search online for how to open a file
for reading with Java.

You can may also contact Wolfram's Technical Support if you need some
step-by-step assistance.

Igor C. Antonio
Wolfram Research, Inc.

To email me personally, remove the dash.