Re: Infinity vs DirectedInfinity[1]

So, after talking further with Andrzej Kozlowski, I now think that

Infinity is defined to be DirectedInfinity[1] (perhaps via Set, i.e.
Infinity=DirectedInfinity[1] )

and that it is DirectedInfinity[1] that has a MakeBoxes (or
equivalent) rule to display as Infinity in StandardForm and
TraditionalForm (or actually, \[Infinity], if you are in the FrontEnd
looking at an Output cell).

Although, I am not sure Andrzej actually agrees with me :-]

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/