"short circuiting" And and Or

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg70582] "short circuiting" And and Or
  • From: "Szabolcs Horvat" <szhorvat at>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 05:21:49 -0400 (EDT)

I'd like to write a function that tests whether there are any elements
in a list that violate a certain condition. I could simply use
And@@condition/@list, but for reasons of efficiency I'd like to stop
the testing as soon as a "False" value is found. Is there any elegant
way of doing this without writing an explicit While loop?

Szabolcs Horvát