"short circuiting" And and Or

I'd like to write a function that tests whether there are any elements
in a list that violate a certain condition. I could simply use
And@@condition/@list, but for reasons of efficiency I'd like to stop
the testing as soon as a "False" value is found. Is there any elegant
way of doing this without writing an explicit While loop?

Szabolcs Horvát