Re: Problem in loading packages in Mathematica

dimmechan at yahoo.com wrote:
> Amit you did a very common mistake for beginners
>
> You use the ( ' ) key  instead of the correct (`) key!
>
> Try the following command and everything is ok.
>
> << Statistics`NormalDistribution`
>
> Following also one of the invaluable suggestions of David Park
> I recomend you to use the following command in order to load the
> package.
>
> Needs["Statistics'NormalDistribution`"]

I believe that in newer versions of Mathematica (certainly 5.x, maybe
earlier),  loading a package with <<  does exactly the same thing as
Needs, and there is no problem with loading twice the way there used to
be. I have had problems getting Needs to work on some systems, and have
gone over completely to << with no problems whatsoever.

(And oops, look at your typing error in your example of Needs -- you
made the same mistake you were helping Amit to fix!)

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont