DisplayTogether & PlotLegend incompatibility

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg70815] DisplayTogether & PlotLegend incompatibility
  • From: "Will Robertson" <wspr81 at>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 05:21:59 -0400 (EDT)

Having been used to plotting graphs in another system, I find myself out of my
depth in Mathematica :)

In the attached code, I use the MultipleListPlot & Legend packages to
try and plot a set of curves with some overlayed points using
DisplayTogether. This works well until I try and add a legend (with
PlotLegend) as you can see. The second set of data is scaled way out of
proportion. Is this a misconception on my part?

(I don't really want to do everything in a single MultipleListPlot
because I algorithmically assign colours to the first set of graphs
with something like
  manyHues[steps_] := Table[{Hue[i/steps, 1, 0.8]}, {i, 1, steps, 1}]
Maybe there's a better way to do this...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!

Will Robertson
Adelaide, Australia

      AxesLabel\[Rule]{"Displacement, mm","Force, N"},
      SymbolShape\[Rule] None}],