Re: DisplayTogether & PlotLegend incompatibility

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70832] Re: [mg70815] DisplayTogether & PlotLegend incompatibility
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 23:38:09 -0400 (EDT)

Welcome to the insanity of trying to plot something in Mathematica.

I recommend "manually" drawing the things you want in the picture. If
you don't know how to use Graphics primitives, start at the help entry
on Graphics.

About the legend: you may have some luck asking Mathematica to draw
the legend by itself and then placing that into your plot (via scaling
and translation).

You may need to read about typesetting and box structures if you want
to wrap text inside the legend in a sane manner.

Also, there is a small Google group called Mathematica that operates
on a faster schedule if you need more help quickly.
http://groups.google.com/group/mathematica/

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/