Re: Re: Please help: How to use Mathematica to get Parametric solution for a transcendental equation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69307] Re: Re: Please help: How to use Mathematica to get Parametric solution for a transcendental equation?
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 04:28:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

and you still don't like the Mathematica syntax ??
You mean
A*(1 + G) + a*((1 + G)^t) == T

because the "[", "]" symbols indicate a function
call and

*not* a algebraic grouping. And you can't find a
algebraic solution

to a transcendental equation. You can try to use a
Taylor series like

Solve[Normal[Series[A*(1 + G) + a*((1 + G)^t), {G,
1, 4}]] == T, G]

and look how wide is the convergence radius.

Regards

  Jens

"Leonxf" <leonxf at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:edjhha$lvs$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Sorry. I just copied from Mathematica and pasted
it. I have no idea why it
| becomes something unreadable.
|
| The function is just one:
|
| A*(1+G)+a*[(1+G)^t]=T, where A,a,t,T are all
positive real numbers, and t is

<kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

| > Hi,
| >
| > can you try to use correct Mathematica syntax
??
| > This means is D7(1+G) an algebraic bracket or
a function
| > call and is D7[(1+G)^t] an algebraic bracket
or a function
| > call and what does "====" mean together with
"=" and
| > have you a single equation or several ones ??
| > Regards
| >   Jens
| >

| > > Leonxf wrote:
| > > Dear All,
| > >
| > > I am new to the group. Nice to have all of
you here.

| > > I have an urgent question: I have a
transcendental equation, which is

| > > A=D7(1 + G) + a=D7[(1 + G)^t] ==== T, where
A,a,T,t are unknown, but
| > A,a,T,=
| > > are all positive real numbers, and t is no
greater than 1. (I use ^ sign
| > > here to indicate "to the power of").
| > >
| > > What I hope to get is a parametric
expression for G, say, G==f(A,a,t,T)