Re: ReplaceAll (/.)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg69418] Re: ReplaceAll (/.)
- From: Chris Rodgers <rodgers at physchem.NOSPAMox.aREMOVEc.uk>
- Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 05:39:26 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University Of Oxford, England
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
p-valko at tamu.edu wrote: > The pattern x_Times would pick "a part of an expression that - after > plugging into the function Times - gives True". There is no such part > of your expression so it is returned intact. For the sake of the archives, I'd like to point out that this isn't quite right. x_Times matches anything whose Head === Times. x_?Times would match anything where Times[x] were True. Chris.