Re: ReplaceAll (/.)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg69434] Re: ReplaceAll (/.)
- From: p-valko at tamu.edu
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 06:53:19 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Chris is right: Chris Rodgers wrote: > p-valko at tamu.edu wrote: > > The pattern x_Times would pick "a part of an expression that - after > > plugging into the function Times - gives True". There is no such part > > of your expression so it is returned intact. > > For the sake of the archives, I'd like to point out that this isn't > quite right. > > x_Times matches anything whose Head === Times. > > x_?Times would match anything where Times[x] were True. > > Chris.