Re: extract homogenous solution from DSolve?

Dear Anim,

Can you provide an example to illustrate your question?

As a first guess, I suggest you to check whether you
supplied initial conditions.
If they are specified, the constants within the homogenous
solution will be solved for to match them.
See below.

Bye
Ben

(* no initial condition : homogenous solution *)
DSolve[{x'[t]\[Equal]0},
  x[t],t]

Out[1]=
{{x[t]\[Rule]C[1]}}

(* initial condition : particular solution *)
DSolve[{x'[t]\[Equal]0,
    x[0]\[Equal]0},x[t],t]

Out[2]=
{{x[t]\[Rule]0}}