Re: question on changing 'type' of numbers

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg69484] Re: question on changing 'type' of numbers
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:54:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Nasser ,

I believe the answer is that 0.1 is an atom not an expression.

The Help says:"Head[expr] gives the head of expr"

Head[atom] seems to give the type of the atom.

Integer[0.1] is an expression, namely the function Integer with the

argument 0.1. As there is no such function defined, the expression is

not further evaluated.