How to combine 3 grayscale images into one RGB color image ?

How to combine 3 grayscale images into one RGB color image ?

I have  3  "DensityGraphics" pictures and I want to combine them in
such a way that the one represents the Red, the others - green and blue
colors correspondingly.
This procedure is called "merge channels" in Photoshop.

It must be quite easy to solve that even without external packages, but
I am not experienced enough.

Thank you.