Re: Batch evaluation of multiple notebooks?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69570] Re: Batch evaluation of multiple notebooks?
  • From: Rolf.Mertig at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:47:16 -0400 (EDT)

The real fun is to run it in the background under Windows (i.e., from a
DOS shell, e.g.
math < NB2PDF.m > NB2PDF.out
where one execution line
NB2PDF["C:\\nbfiles\\samplenotebook.nb"]
is added after the package.
 )
This produces not just samplenotebook_Evaluate.nb, but
also a PDF file of the evaluted  notebook.
I once wrote a little package to do this (Windows only for the moment,
but should be
easily adaptable for other OS's; I do it if wished).
Since it is a little longish I put it here:
http://www.gluonvision.com/downloads/NB2PDF.m

I have not tested it extensively, so feel free to play around.

For the PDFcreation extra software has to be installed:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator

Regards,

Rolf