Re: Batch evaluation of multiple notebooks?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg69331] Re: Batch evaluation of multiple notebooks?
  • From: "Blackadder" <Malte at>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 04:30:32 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks a lot, worked like a charm! The fine thing about this method is
that control over the evaluation and closing of each notebook
completely remains within the main loop.

I came up with another idea that will cause the notebooks to be
evaluated in sequential order. The main notebook contains a list of
files to process, say "fileList" and an integer index pointer to this
list, called "currFileIdx" . Now you define a function "excuteNotebook"
like this:

executeNotebook[fname_String] := Module[{},
      openNotebook = NotebookOpen[fname, Visible -> True];

      SelectionMove[openNotebook, After, Notebook];

      SelectionMove[openNotebook, All, Notebook];

This function appends the command to evaluate the next notebook to the
one that is currently active. You thus build up a chain of evaluations
where each notebook calls the next one to be evaluated. This works ok,
too, but Roland's version is way more elegant and presumably safer.

Best wishes, Malte