Re: General--Mathematica and Subversion
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg69663] Re: General--Mathematica and Subversion
- From: "toby" <toby at telegraphics.com.au>
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 02:44:12 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
daimos at sbox.TUGraz.at wrote:
> I want to use Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org) to organize my Mathematica programs.
> I experienced, that the structure saved in the Mathematica notebooks (Cell[...], etc) does not work well with a version control system.
You've picked a version control system that should have minimum trouble
with it -- Svn works by text diffs and will reliably store and version
binary data. Being essentially text, notebooks should diff and compare
well, but did you find this not to be the case?
> Is there an alternative to the standard Mathematica .nb file?
> Link to the forum page for this post:
> Posted through http://www.mathematica-users.org [[postId=13677]]
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: question about plot
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: General--Mathematica and Subversion
Next by thread:
an equation containg radicals