Re: Re: General--Mathematica and Subversion

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69704] Re: [mg69668] Re: [mg69655] General--Mathematica and Subversion
  • From: jmt <jmt at dxdydz.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:29:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 10:37, you wrote:
> I thought Workbench was designed to work with Subversion, rather than
> replace it??

As said, I haven't tested Wolfram's Workbench.

It is quite possible that Workbench uses subversion as version control
backend, but it might use another system, or make it an option.

Subversion itself uses two different backends (BerkeleyDB and FSFS since 2004)
leading to architectural choices when implementing what might be considered
as a service.

Since Workbench is Eclipse-based, you must somehow realize the high degree of
modularity for this kind of software application.

jmt