Re: webMathematica, Packages, and hostSRV.com

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69753] Re: webMathematica, Packages, and hostSRV.com
  • From: "Fred Klingener" <gigabitbucket at brockeng.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 01:04:25 -0400 (EDT)

Brian,

Thanks for the response.

By exhaustive search, I've found that hostsrv evidently uses a common root
for everyone, so I have to prefix my contexts and file specs with my user ID

Needs["webmxxxx`myfunc`]

and

Import[ToFileName[{"webmxxxx"}, "myfile.GIF"]].

Relative addressing of *.jsp files from within *.html files needs a

../app1/MSPScripts/webxxxx/myfile.jsp.

Cobbling up my local file structure to make it so the same files will run
both places is a royal PITA.

At least it runs.

Maybe answering my own post will save someone else days of pain.

Thanks again,
Fred