notebook interface: how make the cursor to be a 'block' cursor instead of the default?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69801] notebook interface: how make the cursor to be a 'block' cursor instead of the default?
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 04:45:05 -0400 (EDT)

hello;

When starting Mathematica notebook, the cursor (the position on the screen)
where the mouse is, has the shape   '|'

I want to change this to be a block, like a little black square so it is
easier to see.

I used to do this using emacs editor for example on vt100 compatible
monitors and such, but can't seem to find how to do this with Mathematica
notebook interface.

I spend too much time searching for the cursor between all those solid
brackets on the screen and I would like it to be more easily located :)

thanks,
Nasser