Re: garbage collection with Unique and Temporary

I think the folowing might show the answer, which is, "Yes".

In[1]:=
vars={x[1],y[2]};
Module[{aliasList=Table[Unique[],{Length@vars}]},
  SetAttributes[#,Temporary]&/@aliasList;Print[aliasList];1+z]
??$1

From In[1]:=
{$1,$2}

Out[2]=
1+z

Information::notfound:Symbol $1 not found.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/