Re: Re: Programming in Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg69782] Re: [mg69748] Re: Programming in Mathematica
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 04:44:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- References: <email@example.com> <200609220504.BAA16419@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: murray at math.umass.edu
But the directory
contains a BrowserCategories.m, so why don't the items in it appear in
the HelpBrowser? (I don't recall what the default $Path is, but mine
explicitly includes AddOns/ExtraPackages.
> Hi David,
> I think there is a misunderstanding. The book itself is not contained in
> Mathematica, only example programs and an overview where you can read:
> "The example programs and packages in
> AddOns/ExtraPackages/ProgrammingInMathematica accompany the book
> Roman E. Maeder: Programming in Mathematica, 3rd ed., Addison-Wesley, 1996
> ISBN 0-201-85449-X."
> David Park wrote:
>> Where precisely in the Version 5.2 Help Browser does one find the Programming in Mathematica Book, which is in the ExtraPackages folder?
>> David Park
>> djmp at earthlink.net
Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Differentiation problem/bug?
Previous by thread:
Re: Programming in Mathematica
Next by thread:
Add Quotation Marks to Data in a file