Re: cusp fold surface
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg69825] Re: cusp fold surface
- From: "Narasimham" <mathma18 at hotmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:45:36 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
dwarnold45 at cox.net wrote: > All, > > Has anyone done a bifurcation analysis of dx/dt=h+rx-x^3, where h and r > are parameters? > > I am looking for some mathematica code that will darw cusp catastrophe > surface above bifurcation curves in the (r,h) plane. > > Thanks. Hint: Let t = s so that we have unit tangent velocity along the curve. Slope of curve is phi, dx/ds = cos(ph) , dy/ds = sin(ph). The roots of RHS are the turning points at cusp.