Re: Indefinite integration problem on ArcTanh(f(Cos))

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69944] Re: Indefinite integration problem on ArcTanh(f(Cos))
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 06:14:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Andrew,

your integral contains multivalued functions like PolyLog and Log and I

suspect that you are having a branch cut problem. However, if you do not

need an analytic result, it is much easier to do this numerically. E.g.

setting k=0.8:

f0=Interpolation[ Table[{t,Sin[t]/(1+0.8 Cos[2t])},{t,0,10,.1}] ];

f1= Integrate[Evaluate[f0[t]],t];

Plot[f1,{t,0,10}]

f2= Integrate[f1,t];

Plot[f2,{t,0,10}]