  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70022] Defining Solve results as variable
  • From: "Diana" <diana.mecum at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 05:12:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am trying to write a program which defines a variable with the
results of a Solve equation.

So, if I write

Solve[x+1=2,x]

I get {{x -> 1}}

I have not been able to figure out how to define a variable to the
result, so that if I then type

x1 = %, for example, it defines x1 as 1.

I know this must be simple, but I didn't find it in the Help material.

Thanks in advance,

Diana