Linear regression, error on both vaules x and y

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70013] Linear regression, error on both vaules x and y
  • From: Ralph Kube <ralph.kube at rwth-aachen.de>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 05:12:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I measured the hall-current of a Ge-semiconductor. The experiment
yielded data for the current and for the voltage, both with their
own error. Both measurements are uncorrelated.
Now both the voltage and the current have individual uncertainties due
to the method of measurement.
How can I perform a linear fit of this dataset and incorporate both errors?
Ralph Kube