Re: [RESEND] How to tell Mathematica to use hardware floating point aithmetics
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70025] Re: [mg69991] [RESEND] How to tell Mathematica to use hardware floating point aithmetics
- From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
- Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 05:13:11 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200609291048.GAA22392@smc.vnet.net>
On 9/29/06, Nasser Abbasi <nma at 12000.org> wrote:
> Suppose I want to just use hardware floating point operations.
> Suppose my hardware uses IEEE754 standard for binary floating point
> arithmetics, and I want all my numerical computation inside mathematica to
> adhere to this only and not to any other in-between software based floating
> point arithmetics (such as significant arithmetics).
> Is it enough to wrap each result with N[x,16] ? Or is there a flag/option
> somewhere that one can set once?
Prev by Date:
subsets of a set
Next by Date:
Re: How to make a progress bar?
Previous by thread:
[RESEND] How to tell Mathematica to use hardware floating point aithmetics
Next by thread:
Re: How to tell Mathematica to use hardware floating point arithmetics