RE: How to make a progress bar?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70020] RE: [mg69964] How to make a progress bar?
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 05:12:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Andrey,
another good opportunity to advertise my packages... (freeware!)
Go to http://web.telia.com/~u31815170/Mathematica/ and download the
TaggedCells package. Install according to instructions. Open the Help
Browser.
Look beneath Add-ons and Links, TaggedCells, IntroductionTaggedCells,
Overview.
There a ProgressBar function defined, somewhat more fancy than that you are
asking for. If you want to have it exactly in your style, you might use the
AppendToTaggedCell command in the same package. Instead of Print["."] you
just substitute AppendToTaggedCell[".", "Progress bar"]; , where "Progress
bar" the CellTag setting off the cell you want to write to. (Such a cell
will be created the first time you use the command, if it is not there
already.)
Alternatively you might use ExpressionToTaggedCell[i, "Output", "progress"];
if your iteration index is i.
The package is still "beta", but these things definitely works.

Best regards

Ingolf Dahl

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net