Re: ftp from mathematica code

ikantian at yahoo.com wrote:
> is it possible to ftp (get) a file from within either/both a
> mathematica notebook code or/and an m file code running on the command
> line (should be equivalent, right?).
> thx for any help.

My SuperWidgetPackage(SWP) (whose main purpose is to simplify the
creation of GUI's) contains a function GetURL that will do what you
want. If you need to quote a password, use the syntax described here:
http://www.lugaru.com/man/URL.Syntax.html.

The SWP can be downloaded for free from my website.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk