Performance--OSX universal binary

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74764] Performance--OSX universal binary
  • From: pwmiller74 at yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 04:05:56 -0400 (EDT)

I've recently installed Mathematica 5.2 for students on my Intel Macintosh, and everything seems to be functioning correctly.  The only issue is that the version of Mathematica on the install disk is the PPC version and not the universal version.  Hence, my computer is running Mathematica through Rosetta, Apple's PPC interpretation layer.  This is quite slow!

Where can I download the universal binary version of Mathematica for OSX?  Will I need to re-enter or get a new password to install this new version?

Thanks very much!

Link to the forum page for this post:
http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=17329#p17329
Posted through http://www.mathematica-users.org [[postId=17329]]