Re: label graph vertices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74793] Re: label graph vertices
  • From: "Frank Iannarilli" <frankeye at cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 04:13:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Mar 22, 2:27 am, "alexxx.ma... at gmail.com" <alexxx.ma... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I started from DiscreteMath`GraphPlot`, but from what I can see
> everything is done using an adjacency matrix composed of (0,1)'s,
> right?

Perhaps the other responders have settled your need, but if you wish
to more flexibly represent your graph (e.g., as list of unordered
pairs, etc etc) instead of the adjacency matrix straightjacket, you
might look at the facilities in Combinatorica (a standard add-on
package).  The package also appears to support decent automatic graph
rendering via so-called "embedding" options, one of which is the
spring model.  Combinatorica also has its own website, along with a
book one can purchase, although I surmise you can address your problem
without book purchase :-)

Cheers.