Re: label graph vertices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74825] Re: label graph vertices
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <dana.del at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 04:27:23 -0400 (EDT)

> ..everything is done using an adjacency matrix composed of (0,1)'s

If you are working with an AdjacencyMatrix, here's an additional idea using
Combinatorica.

Needs["DiscreteMath`Combinatorica`"]

am = {{0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1},
    {0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1},
    {1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1},
    {0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1},
    {0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0},
    {1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0},
    {1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0}};

MatrixForm[am]

(* Your Labels here as a list *)
Lbls = CharacterRange["A", "G"];

g = SetVertexLabels[FromAdjacencyMatrix[am], Lbls];

ShowGraph[g];

--
HTH   :>)
Dana DeLouis