Optimal variable selection in multiple linear regression ?

Hello everybody,

I try to use Mathematica to do a multiple linear regression. I'm using
Regress[] and in principle everything works. However, because I have a
large number of independent variables (>100), I would like to select
only the most significant for the regression model.

Is there already an algorithm implemented in Mathematica for selecting
the best variables, or how else would I do it?

Many thanks,

 Alex