Beginner--Help on Listing Values

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg74919] Beginner--Help on Listing Values
  • From: m.lungay at
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 01:58:30 -0400 (EDT)

I need to create a list of probability values for a certain random variable X. It is very difficult if i keep on enumerating the entries especially when the length required is large, say the list is of length 100. Maybe there is some way where I could generate the entries in a random manner. There is a code Random[], but how could I implement it in a List manner so that the sum of the results must be 1. Please help!

Link to the forum page for this post:
Posted through [[postId=17333]]