Re: Marking pivot elements in a matrix?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg74939] Re: Marking pivot elements in a matrix?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 04:48:20 -0400 (EDT)

and somthing like:

ShowPivotmark[matrix_?MatrixQ, index_] :=
   (RowBox[{"(", GridBox[matrix /. m_?MatrixQ :>
           Part[matrix, Sequence @@ index],
           FontColor -> Red,
           FontWeight -> "Bold"], index],
           RowLines ->
                   Table[If[j == First[
                     index], True, False], {j,
          ColumnLines ->
                     Table[If[i == Last[index],
                       True, False], {i, First[Dimensions[
                       m]]}]], ")"}] // DisplayForm)

m = Table[Random[Integer, {-2, 2}], {4}, {4}]

ShowPivotmark[m, {3, 2}]

does not help ??