Mathematica SIG (Northern Virginia and Washington DC)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75045] Mathematica SIG (Northern Virginia and Washington DC)
  • From: Bruce Colletti <vze269bv at verizon.net>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 05:10:07 -0400 (EDT)

The Washington D.C. area Mathematica Special Interest Group will meet on Friday, 20 April, at the SAIC Enterprise Center building in Tysons Corner (see directions below).

Early risers meet a few minutes before 7:00 in the morning for admission at the front desk, then we'll have a Dutch treat breakfast downstairs.  By about 7:30 we will move to one of the projector rooms. Our meetings include a prepared talk, informal discussion about Mathematica programming and applications, general questions, and new business.  We'll end around 9:00.

Dan Martinez will present two talks:  "World Line Construction and
Analysis", and "Von Neumann Arithmetic Demonstration."   Previous talks include Gibbs Sampling with Mathematica (Harry Bishop), Personal Knowledge Databases (Dan Martinez), Efficient Evaluation of a Double Integral With a Rapidly Oscillating Integrand (Mel Friedman), Calculating with Divergent Series (Mel Friedman), Animation of Simulation Results (Bruce Colletti), and Probability Distributions via Polynomial-like Expansion (Bruce Colletti).  Our forthcoming website will post agendas, minutes, talks, and code fragments.

To inquire about attending, e-mail Dan Martinez
(dmartinez at sprintmail.com) or Bruce Colletti (bcolletti at compuserve.com).

In your e-mail subject line, please include 'Mathematica SIG.'

DIRECTIONS to SAIC Enterprise Center Building, 8301 Greensboro Drive, McLean VA (tall, boxy and white building at the corner of Westpark Drive and Greensboro Drive):  From the Beltway, go northwest on Route 7 (Leesburg Pike) and proceed past Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road).  Turn right onto Westpark Drive (Gosnell Road in the other direction).  Turn right  at the next light onto Greensboro Drive and then right into the parking lot.  Visitor's Parking is adjacent to Westpark Drive.

A SIG representative will meet you in the lobby.

Please arrive no later than ten minutes to seven if you wish to join us for breakfast, and no later than twenty after seven to attend the meeting only.  The desk officer will ask for a driver's license before issuing a visitor's badge.