Re: Differentiation and evaluation of function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75107] Re: Differentiation and evaluation of function
  • From: "Apostolos E. A. S. Evangelopoulos" <a.e.a.evangelopoulos at sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:26:19 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you, all, for getting back to me.

*Set* sounds like a good solution to my problem (for some reason I thought defining functions with *Set* rather than *SetDelayed* was bad programming -I hope it is not so). The Prime notation (f'[x]) is also convenient and compact, but won't help if I'm dealing with many-variable functions, so I'll stick with f[x1_, x2_, ...]=blah.

Regards,
Apostolos