Re: Dirac Delta Function: Basics

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg75215] Re: Dirac Delta Function: Basics
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:46:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gopinath,

there is a pitfall here. The Fourier sum is by definition a periodic

function. Therefore, either you restrict your domain to {-Pi,Pi} and

then you have a Delta function in your domain. Or, if your domain is

{-Infinity,Infinity} you are using a grid of Delta functions. If you

want a Delta function in this domain, you need a Fourier integral.

hope this helps, Daniel