Re: Importing and retaining graphics

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg75253] Re: Importing and retaining graphics
  • From: AES <siegman at>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 05:09:36 -0400 (EDT)

In article <f09gmp$149$1 at>,
 Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at> wrote:

> > Took me a lot of searching around before I discovered how to format the
> > right path, and what paths Import[] actually searched.
> And Menu Input -> Get File Path does not help?

Yes, this does help.

My point is that

IF an ordinary user is starting at Import[] help,

AND IF Import[] is a command and a process whose success depends heavily
on file paths

AND IF paths is a fairly complex topic with which said ordinary user may
not have great previous familiarity

[all of these being hypotheses which I think are reasonable ones]

THEN it would be helpful to put just a simple note of, or pointer to,
the path concept in the Import[] help documentation.