Re: Importing and retaining graphics
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg75253] Re: Importing and retaining graphics
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 05:09:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <f09gmp$149$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com> wrote: > > Took me a lot of searching around before I discovered how to format the > > right path, and what paths Import actually searched. > > And Menu Input -> Get File Path does not help? > Yes, this does help. My point is that IF an ordinary user is starting at Import help, AND IF Import is a command and a process whose success depends heavily on file paths AND IF paths is a fairly complex topic with which said ordinary user may not have great previous familiarity [all of these being hypotheses which I think are reasonable ones] THEN it would be helpful to put just a simple note of, or pointer to, the path concept in the Import help documentation.