Re: Re: RE: Re: Sometimes <space> means multiple

I compltely agree. I also think that any comparisons between C++ and
Mathematica in this respect are completely off the mark, unless of
course sombody decides to develop an analogue of "TradtitionalForm"
for C++.

I would also like to point out the following obvious but not
insignificant fact. Enter  a b (or 2 3  if you prefer) and convert to
InputForm. You will obtain an explicit asterisk in place of the
space. Conversely, enter a*b and convert to TraditionalForm (or even
StandardForm). You will get a space instead of the asterisk. This, in
my opinion,  is exactly how it should be. In fact, I am somewhat
shocked that anyone would claim otherwise.

Andrzej Kozlowski