Re: Is Save As->HTML broken in 6.0?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg79662] Re: Is Save As->HTML broken in 6.0?
  • From: Nasser Abbasi <nma at>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 05:05:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Jul 31, 3:04 am, "W. Craig Carter" <ccar... at> wrote:
> I've seen some other postings on this, notably by C.
> Chiasson.
> IS HTML broken in 6.0?
> In 5.0, I was able to get each of the closed groups to be a
> link from the main web page. I can't duplicate this behavior
> in  6.0.  I've tried SetOptions[Export, ConvertClosed ->
> "LinkedPage"], but this doesn't work.
> Also, I don't seem to be able to get the stylesheet included
> as before. I suspect this was answered before and I will
> need to go back and find it, but anyone with a quick answer
> will be appreciated.
> Thanks
> W. Craig Carter

save as HTML is broken in 6.0 and 6.0.1.  This is what I found out
under XP in my case.

Igor  Antonio from WRI send me an email for a workaround, and now I
can save all the notebook to HTML just fine. Igor suggested to use the

nb = NotebookOpen[""];
Export["test.html", nb, "HTML"]

So basically, use Export[] instead of the menu save as HTML. The above
works fine for me.

I hope they fix save as HTML in the next version.