Re: Is Save As->HTML broken in 6.0?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79706] Re: [mg79600] Is Save As->HTML broken in 6.0?
  • From: "Igor C. Antonio" <igora at wolf-ram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 03:51:51 -0400 (EDT)

W. Craig Carter wrote:
> I've seen some other postings on this, notably by C.
> Chiasson.
>
> IS HTML broken in 6.0?
>
> In 5.0, I was able to get each of the closed groups to be a
> link from the main web page. I can't duplicate this behavior
> in  6.0.  I've tried SetOptions[Export, ConvertClosed ->
> "LinkedPage"], but this doesn't work.

The options "ConvertClosed" and "ConvertReverseClosed" set whether or not
closed-cells and reverse closed-cells are opened and exported by the converter.
  By default, they are both set to False in Mathematica 6.0.0 and 6.0.1.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  With versions 6.0.0 and 6.0.1), the File > Save As
 > Web page menu is limited to using only the default options defined in Export
as HTML.  We're partially addressing the issue you have encountered in the next
minor update to Mathematica by setting "ConvertClosed" to True by default.  We
will also enable users to set all HTML options via the File > Save as menu (much
like one sets options to the PDF exporter), though that might not make it into
the next minor update.

In the meantime, you should use Export[] instead of the menu system to export
your notebooks.  Here is one way to use it:

nb = NotebookOpen["<filepath to notebook file>"];
Export["index.html", nb, "HTML", "ConvertClosed"->"LinkedPage"]

Please note that SetOptions[Export, ...] does not work as Export[] itself no
longer has any options (Options@Export returns {}).  All options are "converter
options" and are defined on a per-converter basis.  The documentation entry in
the Help Viewer for each format lists all relevant options.

Thanks,

Igor

--
Igor C. Antonio
Wolfram Research, Inc.

To email me personally, remove the dash.