Re: forming continuous "trail" with Locator

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg79856] Re: forming continuous "trail" with Locator
  • From: David Bailey <dave at>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 01:27:13 -0400 (EDT)

Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> Is there some way in Mathematica 6 to use a Locator so as to create a
> continuous-appearing "trail" after you click and then drag the cursor
> around?
> Of course one could write code allowing addition of points through
> successive clicks, and then one could try to click repeatedly on
> successive points very near one another, but that could get very tedious.
> I mean the sort of thing one gets in drawing programs (and with the
> Mathematica 6 2D Drawing Tools).
Don't forget that you can pick up mouse movements (not just clicks) with
MousePosition - perhaps inside a Refresh. That should give you the
information to construct a tail. If you held them in a list and dropped
stale coordinates, you could even arrange to plot them as a fading
trail, if that was what you wanted.

David Bailey