Re: FourierTransform of Sign^2 ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg80049] Re: FourierTransform of Sign^2 ?
- From: dimitris <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 02:13:15 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10 , 09:06, "Jung-Tsung Shen" <jus... at gmail.com> wrote: > I tried to evaluate the following Fourier Transform: > > FourierTransform[Sign[y] Sign[y], y, q] > > where Sign is the sign function. Instead of Sqrt[2 Pi]*DiracDelta[q], > Mathematica (v. 5.0, Mac) gives > > -Sqrt[2 Pi]*DiracDelta[q] > > with a minus sign. Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong here? > > Thanks. > > JT I think you have one more reason for upgrading! Dimitris