RE: frameticks and LogScale

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80064] RE: [mg80018] frameticks and LogScale
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 02:21:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Arkadiusz

> How can I force Mathematica6 to use logscale on x-axis.
>
> This does not work:
>
> ListPlot[data, Frame -> True, Joined -> True, Mesh -> Full,
> PlotRange -> All, Axes -> None,  FrameTicks -> {LogScale,
> Automatic, None, None}]

No, but

	ListLogLinearPlot[data, Frame -> True, Joined -> True, Mesh -> Full,

		 PlotRange -> All, Axes -> None]

Does.  And we now have

	ListLogLogPlot and
	ListLogPlot

For when Frame->{LogScale, LogScale, None, None} and Frame->{Automatic,
LogScale, None, None} don't work.

> Everything used to work in Mathematica5.2 - what happened
> with LogScale in v6 ?

Looks like it's gone.  Mark Caprio's package CustomeTicks doesn't appear to
work anymore either.

I think v6 is an improvement now that it's easier to plot multiple lists on
log scales.

Regards,

Dave.