[Mathematica 6] "formatting notebook contents" messages, why so many in Mathematica 6?

Hello;

I noticed that using Mathematica 6 I keep getting pop-up window messages
saying "
formatting notebook contents" every once in a while.
Any ideas why this is so? and what it means?  ps. I do have Manipulate[]
call somewhere in the notebook, not sure if it is related or not.

Thanks,
Nasser