  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80162] Graphing an inequality
  • From: Diana <diana.mecum at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 06:57:07 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to graph x + y < 4, and have the answer set be shaded.

When I use RegionPlot[x + y < 4, {x, -10, 10}, {y, -10, 10}]

I get a rectangular box with the axes on the outside.

Is there a way to have the axes display as they do with the Plot
function, with shading as in the RegionPlot function?

Thanks,

Diana M.