Launch the Mathematica Kernal to listen on Unix

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80316] Launch the Mathematica Kernal to listen on Unix
  • From: mnm.lewis at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 01:52:46 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone know the unix command to start the kernel so that it
"listens" for a J/Link request?

The senario is that I have Java code that can use the kernel on my
Windows PC in development.

In production we'd like to be able to use Mathematica in a unix
environment.  The java code will need to create a Kernel Link with a
launch arg of something like:

-linkmode connect -linkprotocol tcpip -linkname 1234@unixservername

I've tried the following on unix without success:

$ math -mathlink -linkmode listen -linkname 1234 -linkprotocol tcpip

Thanks