problem with parsing InputForm scientific notation (eg. 3.`*^-7)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg80576] problem with parsing InputForm scientific notation (eg. 3.`*^-7)
- From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
- Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 03:11:03 -0400 (EDT)
Can anyone confirm this report?
Steps to reproduce:
1. Enter "3.`*^-7" (without quotation marks) into an Input cell and evaluate it.
2. Go back to the Input cell, put your cursor at the beginning and
3. Hit the End key, type "]" and then re-evaluate the cell, which by
now reads "RealDigits[3.`*^-7]", but don't enter that directly.
I have encountered other errors where InputForm messes up the syntax
checker, but I haven't been able to make a small reproducible example
like this one.
Version 6.0.1 on MS Windows XP SP2
Prev by Date:
Re: FindFit and complex function?
Next by Date:
Exporting numbered files: apparent hangup?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: problem with parsing InputForm scientific notation (eg. 3.`*^-7)