Another question on lists

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80618] Another question on lists
  • From: "Mauricio Esteban Cuak" <cuak2000 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:20:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hello again.Thank you very much for your previous help. However, I
seem to stumble on another rock:

I  have a list of n sub-lists with different number of elements. I
want to select the list with the highest number of elements.
I tried to combine the Select function with Lenght but couldn't do it:

Select[list, Length /@ list >= Max[Length /@ list] &]

Thanks for reading.

Regards,

cd

P.D.: Any tips,websites, books, on how to learn some basic programming
on Mathematica?
I'm slowly beginning to read "The Mathematica Book"...should I just
concentrate on that?